Tuesday 23 June 2009

The end of anticipation. BIG DAY marks the END

I've always anticipated this day when I am told officially I have graduated. Results day

I was restless the night before thinking about the upcoming big day! Seriously. I was anxious and fidgety, I am just thankful I had Yan, Shasa and Adli around just being silly and we were just chilling and laughing our hearts out till the wee hours, and taking my mind off my results day.
We were told to be in Uni the day after for NO SPECIFIC reason, and for that, it made me so scared. Scared of the results, anticipating the future and most of all taking the biggest step out of Uni and leaving behind all of my friends. Seeing that my group of friend in Uni consist of locals and International student and every other nationalities EXCEPT MALAYSIAN. Why of course I would not see them much after this.

The minute I stepped foot into the Econs department, I nearly fainted! haha. Earlier in the morning I had allowed myself to wake up late and take my own sweet time getting ready. Babysat Haris and watched my new-obsession tv show with Yan, iCarly, and just laid myself lazy n the couch.

The scariest part of all was the moment I was given my results in an envelope, I tore my results envelope open, and ALHAMDULILLAH, it was *thumbs up*. Yay! Most of all, I could hear Mama's and daddy's happiness over the phone when I called them. I loved the sound of their smile :):):) followed by the super long reply from Phoebe and Shushu. It all paid off. PaMa allowing me to have my melbourne trip. My back-to Malaysia-easter trip. A new Macbook Pro when the old one crashed. Ili extending her visit to London. Allowing myself to have fun like there's no exam during those exam period. at Yan's and Adli's all the way until exam ended, and most importantly, Mama and daddy's and abang's prayers. Them reading the Yaasin everytime I sat for a paper and all their motivation and support. A parent would never stop praying for their lil ones. Ever! :)) I remembered the night before I had one of the paper and I stayed over at Yan's, having long night chats with them whilst Adli and Aizat jammed their lungs and guitar out. Yes, acknowledging the fact that Adli and I had paper the next day! hehe :)

For now, I'm just thankful and very very happy for what I've managed to achieve and for being able to make mama and daddy proud most of all :)) and of course alongside that, fulfilled all job offers and Masters offers requirements! YAY!

Btw, Aisyah, Khairul and I have moved into our new apartment, and it's AWESOME! I love the new place. It's just excellent :)) The location in between 2 beautiful parks, the place, the fitted furniture and the modern concept. But it's 3 floors...so a bit tiring going up and down, I always find myself on the 2nd floor.

3 comments:

als said...

:) Alhamdulillah congratulations!

Alia Ishak said...

Thank you Aleeeeeeeee!! I'm just glad all those late night stress paid off! Thanks for supporting me throughout the 2 years too :)

The Z A M said...

Hopefully, it's still not too late for me to wish you. =) Congratulation!