Tuesday 30 June 2009

Parks and Urbanspoon

Ever since exams ended, I've been able to see more of London, just like a tourist. But it only revolves around parks and food.

A park and a new place to eat a day keeps the doctors away :)
So, so far, it's either a stroll with the Adlis at Hyde Park, a jog at Regents Park, a round of tennis at Clissold Park or football at Finsbury Park. Gosh, I never knew London had sooo many parks that I think I have enough for me to go everyday till the day I leave London! Seriously. Well, it's also with the help of Aisyah and Affin that I get out of bed to go for some exercise in the hot summer sun!

All these strolls and walks that will surely lead us to a new place to eat eventually. I think since summer started, I've been eating alittle too many strawberries, my face is turning into one k! It's been like an every other day routine that I go to Waitrose to get a 500gm if not a kilogramme box of fresh strawberries to munch on in 10 minutes, maximum! haha :D Yummylicious! Then on Sundays when we would go to Hyde park, and after that drop by Delima for some teh tarik and roti canai before Adli leaves for work and leaves Yan, Haris and I some time to start shopping or Wii-ing or just bake bake bake! It's a self damage to ourselves if you put Yan and I together. Food is our passion, yes it is :):) Eventhough we tease each other bout growing bigger. Oh heck, it's good food for god's sake. Just eat la!

Once we were so hungry, we ordered so much at Selfridges that we had to decide on who to finish up the last bit.Well, Adli being the guy, he did the honour. Then on the night of Aisyah's summer Architecture exhibition, we went over to Sagar, and OH MY GOD. Note to self : NEVER order more than one tosai even if 5 of you guys are hungry! ONE tosai can feed 10 of us! We nearly died trying to finish it up, even the waiters were laughing at us for ordering more than ONE ok! Crayyyyzee. But since Affin and Aida were so hungry, we ended up ordering three GIGANTIC tosai. and then another time when we went for the Marylebone summer fair and ended up at Ping Pong lazy sunday dim sum buffet. SPLENDID! 

Well, not enough with that, Yan decided to have an 'indoor' barbeque yesterday since NisaFidz were around and the food! Dapppp :) hehe. and I didn't just stop at the bbq, coz since Affin was leaving back for Malaysia today, we held a farewell dinner for him at Belgo and had Mussels and loads of em like as if we're in Brussels tak pernah tengok Mussels k. And Aunty actually thought the waiter was cute, she told him! HAHAHA! Was the waiter boy shocked or what?! So comel la. We were so full we looked drunk walking back home. Drunk from too much of food. We then just walked around covent garden window shopping whilst the food digested ( well, coz the shops were all already closed! ). Kak Yong and Aunty looking at shoes to buy whilst Aisyah, Affin and I were already thinking of what else to eat the next day. I can't seem to finish listing all the ones I've been to. It's just too long. There's Busaba, Itsu ( Excellent frozen yoghurt!), Oiishi...banyaknye. Tembam la jangan tak tembam!

Oh well... till the day I leave back for Malaysia, I shall make the mst out of my time here in London. I shall. It's a picnic day at hyde park tomorrow with lil Haris and baby Adam! :):) Yay! 

3 comments:

Mama said...

I thought I was the only one who had a culinary adventure! hihihi Well done! I am so proud of you! Ooppss I hope your mummy tak marah!
To Aunty: Don't worry alia every day jog at the park or play tennis!

hehe

see you soon!

p.s: I belum sempat bawa you to that french creperie place. you need to go there before elaving london!

Nisa said...

Alia!! I didn't know you played football! If I wasn't so preggers, I would've ajak you to kick around in Hyde Park while the weather is so nice! Hehe nevermind, hope I get to see you again before you balik but if I don't it was lovely meeting you! =)

Alia Ishak said...

Yan : Let's try the creperie placeeee before Adli starts his night shifts!

Nisa : The more reason for me to come and visit London especially since Haqim/ Hakim/ Haqeem (haha!) is on his way. Then we can kick some balls at Hyde Park followed by a food adventure, of course :):)