Wednesday 26 August 2009

Human Proposes, God Disposes

After one infection, another seem to attack, but I never did ask myself "Why you Azwan?". It's not a good thing to be asking things like this as I believe in the earlier proverb. And it's true that human can make any plans they want, but it's God who decides on a human's success or failure in the end. InsyaAllah, you'll come out a better Azwan for He has better plans for you sayang. Amin.

Sayang, you've started turning yourself to your left side already! Now that's an excellent progress. Indeed! Tapi kan, you asyik nak turn tooooo much to your left that your head might just fall and hit that side reel. and trust me, it's not even funny! Your brain is still so fragile. It's super duper scary!!! But yeah, like I've always said, do anything you want :) Turn all you want, kick all you want, just go all out and try your best to do everything, for we will always be there to catch you, even if your head falls to the side as you turn, we'll catch it in time :):)

Ok, but you don't have to bite me so hard though! Sakit ok. Hehe.... Gigit sikit sikit gently dah la. You had so much phlegm in your lungs today, so Melisa and I had to do some chest physio for you to push up the phlegm. Then once, we tried to do the suction for you! But you refused!! You gritted your teeth and one time, I managed to pull your mouth big enough for Melisa to push through the tube to perform the suction before you SHUT YOUR MOUTH and BIT MY FINGERS!! Realllly hard my medical gloves tore a little! OUCH! hahaha!! I had to beg "Azwan, please bukak mulut. Sakit please. Bukak sikit je, I nak keluar kan jari I je, tak buat suction dah, kalau you taknak takpe". Uncle Nas who happened to be there reading the Yaasin for you, just smiled cheekily at me. I think he was thinking "Now you know how we Dentists feel when you guys come to the office and don't cooperate with us whilst we clean your teeth!". Sorry Uncle :P

Well, one thing that saddens me was when I went over to check out your urine. The bag was half full, but they were red :(:( Sigh.... Seems to me that your UTI ( Urinary tract infection ) is pretty bad. Just yesterday you had a clear urine, and today, it wasn't and the tube was filled with some sediments. maybe Leukocytes. But then again, I'm not a qualified doctor! It got better in the evening though. Your white blood cell count was 29 you know. That's really high, seeing that the normal range of WBC is between 4-11. You did pretty well whilst I was around though, coz your WBC fell from 29 to 18. That made me happy! I played some of your favourite songs too today as Doctors have allowed me too, just to get you familiar with the sounds around you.

Sigh...It hurts too seeing Mummy breaking down quite often today. I tried calming her down, but when I do that, I felt sad also. Everytime you were in pain, you would actually open up your eyes, and you always pull up your right hand to hold your head and you would always hold out your right hand wanting us to hold your hands for comfort and familiarity. Especially when you were sliding down your bed ( as your bed has to be tilted 45-60 degrees to position your brain correctly ), and Melisa and I had to pull your whole body up again so that you have enough bed space. It wasn't difficult, but neither was it easy as your head was fragile, and your body weight was a lil heavy. The next time you slide down, we had to call the abang abang nurse to do it for us. We know it's hurting you, but you're doing sooo well, you've just got to fight a bit more. The stronger you fight, the faster you get to go back k?

As I've always said, if you could hear me, salawat banyak banyak k, bace the 3 kuls and Al Fatihah banyak banyak in your heart. We will never stop praying for you sayang. We are all waiting for you to wake up so that we can go out and play and jalan jalan cari makan :)

I'll try to get some sleep tonight! It's back to my shift to jage you tomorrow :):) I'll tell you loads of new stories, let you listen to my iPod and your favourite songs and I'll read you some economic news this time k, just to let you be updated with not-just-football-news. That's weekend news k. Man U - Arsenal! Can't wait to seeeee you. Please talk to your room mate tomorrow. hehe... I'll be there with high spirits, hopefully you can feel the positive vibes and I will do physio for you and massage you and do phlegm suction for you ( if you don't bite me! ) and we can just pretend we're playing out in the sunny sun and be happy kids k!

I misssss you! Please wake up and talk to me :) I lafff you!

2 comments:

Mama said...

Ohh Alia! I'm so sorry to hear all this. So sorry that you and your family has to go through this! You are a strong girl Alia! You have completely changed my view on you. Despite the fact that you love crying (heh you know what I mean) but you are one strong and patient girl. I seriously doubt I can handle as well as you are doing now. May Allah bless you always Alia, for He loves those who are patient. Be strong OK sweetheart? May Allah give you and your family all the strengths and patience. And I know for sure Allah will reward you for being so helpful. BIG BIG HUGS
Big hugs.

Alia Ishak said...

Thank you Yan and Adli ( If Adli said some lines in this comment too. hehe :) ). I'm trying really hard to stay strong, patient and be positive, but nonetheless, emotions get the better of me sometimes. Unexpectedly. Your random sms-es are enough to make me smile Yan, and your very motivating stories the other day :) InsyaAllah, Azwan will come out from this fine. I'll never stop praying. We, family members will never stop.

Btw...hahaha!! That one I HAD TO cry okkkk. It was so difficult to leave you, Adli, Haris and London town! So that one...Memang cry la kan. Like Adli said, I left, you cried sampai demam. heeee. I love you Mummy! :)