Monday 24 August 2009

Tough Cookie

Omg... You're sooo muscular!!! That's you Zwan! You surely are one tough strong cookie I tell you :) I had the day shift today and the therapist taught me how to do physio on you which needs to be performed to all your body parts every hour. I kept stimulating and making noises and did the chest physio on you with the intentions of interfering with your sleeping pattern and hoping that you'll wake up, but you didn't.

Wake up la. Then we can go out and play in the sun sayang. You know Zwan, you are soooooo muscular before this that it was a lil berat trying to lift you up tadi when I needed to do the physio. Everytime it's time for physio, I'd have to ask for help from the abang abang nurse on training tu to help me out. First they smeared and laughed at me for wanting help, before I had the last laugh because even they couldn't do it alone. Pffft. So much for ego and macho-ness. haha! We had to do some shouting at you during physio to get your attention, so if you heard me being so ganas, sorry! I'm a lil muscular btw from lifting you up and down today. hehe :)

Johann and Nain came today with no hello but a "You're his cousin, Alia kan? Queen Mary kan?". haha! Next time you need to introduce me to your friends before they do more of that and scare me away k? They spoke about Cambridge and Warwick, and for a moment there you became quite excited, you started trying to open your eyes and pushing you legs up. One thing I cannot bear to watch is when your drip don't go through and the nurse/doctor would need to poke another vein to allow medication into your body. It's been 4 holes already that have been made, but each one swell up after 2 days :( I know it's sakit... Well, at least the last poke and the blood test was done by Melisa herself. She was well careful when she performed it on you, but nonetheless, when a Doctor is treating her OWN brother, it's just different. Melisa felt your pain... and she just didn't have the heart to poke that needle in you.

I've also learnt how to do the suction for your lungs! It's a lil scary but ok la, I tried to be really careful and gentle as I slip the tube down your throat. Trying really hard not to tremble or I might hurt you. Anyway, Dr Azmin did another CT scan for you today and it looked good! All the clots are resolving, but the factor that's making you drowsy tu cannot be detected on the scan. Maybe some microscopic stretch or electrolyte imbalance. Let's just say I did not mention to you how long the recovery period might take as mentioned by Dr Azmin. But as I write these posts for the future, for when you are able to get up and read.... Dr Azmin said your recovery period would probably take one year sayang. Tawakkal k and be strong. Things like this, even Doctors cannot actually specify the exact period hence they give the maximum. So you hang in there k cuzzie sayang. You're doing very very very well! So you must get up soon! Enough of sleeping, let's go food hunting soon! Wakey wakey Azuzu :) I love you!

1 comment:

johan said...

Hey Alia, i stumbled upon your blog when I googled Azwan.. Everything you have written here is extremely touching and proves how much you care and love him. I feel so sorry that you and your family have to go through this adversity but you are handling it all tremendously well! Keep giving azwan the love and support he needs, he is sooo lucky to have you by his side right now. And hopefully in the future he can read all of your posts and appreciate your family and you more than ever. Keep up the good work Alia, I am positive God will help you guys and that Azwan will recover in no time. Insyaallah, and my prayers are with him always.

Ps: sorry that I seemed a little stalkerish when I knew your name the other day, I guess I have heard lots about you from Azu and my friends too. haha

Remember to take care of yourself too! god bless