Friday 1 January 2010

A quiet New Year in Paris

I left office at 8, rushed home, took a quick shower, got changed and made my way to the Eiffel tower to meet Vivy to welcome 2010 and just be silly. NOT

Instead, I left office at 8, went home, had dinner, changed into my PJs and went to sleep. YUP! That was how I celebrated my new year this year. Boring I know. Now that I'm working, I'm just so tired, I feel so old already. Always wanting to sleep and always wanting MORE sleep. Sigh...

Since budget was closing on the last day of 2009, we were working till the wee morning hours on the eve of new year's eve. So, we thought ok, the end of the year is coming, maybe this time we can get some time off. Boy we were wrong. We sat in front of the computer, begging our eyes to stay awake, scrutinizing and analyzing some 2000000 lines filled with numbers and information and made sure that everything the past one year has been carried out accordingly and complying well with Central Bank's requirement. So much so that, at 2.30 ish am, I figured that I might have lapsed into a very short nap, probably one that lasted bout 5 seconds, because I made an error calculating some figures. Haiyo... I didn't know how else to make myself be more awake. SO I decided to wash my face with Burts Bees and it worked! and of course with some stealing of Fai's coffee :P

So, on the 30th, we worked all the way till the 3ish am of 31st, left back for home at 4.30 and I couldn't even drag myself up to my room, I just collapsed in the guest room downstairs with all my work attire still in tact when I woke up. Maybe a 4 hours of sleep should do some good, but the office decided to hunt me down for some documents at 8. HAHA! I felt like a true celebrity :) Good thing K.A figured I just woke up, she gave me time to familiarise before she called back.

Then there was studying for Anti Money Laundering Act exam that was due the same day too. By 10 am, I could barely open my eyes already, I was dragging myself everywhere I walked to. Did some office work that was due and took my exams at 7pm. Before that, had my lunch with Azy and Emyl, caught a few winks at Azy's before I went off to do my exam. Moving about from one office to another on new year's eve, was HELL! Traffic jam was so long. Not advisable to drive when you're struggling to stay awake.

I'm such a party pooper :( I didn't even make it to the seniors' for a new year celebration eventhough I finished work early. Talk about fireworks and spending time with close ones, I went home straight instead, because I was scheduled to work on new year and off to bed I went :) Amazingly, I love the fact that it's different from the others. Whilst they're at home resting on new year, I was working. Kinda nice, really :)

So that was how I spent my new year.
Working
Imagined I was in Paris with Vivy watching the fireworks
Wished Shurara and Phoebaby a happy new year
zzzzzzzzz
It was different this year, but definitely one that will forever remind me of my first year of working in a bank :)

Happy New Year!! :)

No comments: