Thursday 9 September 2010

Raya' 10

Ramadhan flew by so quickly this year! It's still fresh in my mind, my first day of sahur. There in the office, working through the night for a 6 am presentation, and zombifying through the presentation, when even the sun was not awake yet. Everyday we watched the sun rise from the office desk. Everyday, in and out we worked through the long hours to complete the project. Everyday we attend meetings to finalize the project. It's all about the project. I hardly ever come home, and I hardly ever sleep.



This year was a totally different experience. Last year was another experience on it's own that went by rather quickly, when I used to care for Azwan in the hospital everyday (here). Additionally, this year I choose to believe that Lailatul Qadar actually happened that night when I decided to believe that "it will happen tonight". I did my prayers and I did much extra this time, it was the last odd night on Ramadhan. I don't know why, but I truly felt the extra force that moved me to believe that it will happen. Amin.
I woke up and the sky was rather red-ish, I felt a lil weird when I went to bed after performing my prayers and the day was just so calm and cooling - Peaceful. InsyaAllah, that was THE night.

So, Raya has been announced for Friday. Its the last day of Ramadhan today and subsequently at work too. We're allowed an early release today! Eeee-yaa-hoooo! :) Well, nothing to be so excited about la since it's 4pm. Not any earlier than a normal day at PETRONAS and its subsidiaries. haha! We'll be working through, eventhough Bursa's on a half day and market's close for the day. Somehow, I felt a tinge of sadness overflowing in my system last night. I don't know whether it's because it's the end of Ramadhan (when I felt things were so calm and everything I prayed for and see are blessed by Allah) or it's the last day of work. Seriously, I never knew since when I got so attached and in love with work THIS bad!

Oh well, I just feel very blessed and thankful for everything at the moment. From how things have turn out to be, and for everything that I have, Alhamdulillah. So here's to a good Ramadhan and Raya! To everyone, I wish to seek forgiveness and halalkan my makan and minum k. Sorry if I have done any wrong to you in one way or another :)

SELAMAT HARI RAYA MAAF ZAHIR & BATIN!!


Our annual Pre Raya celebration - This year at Amal and Fiena's :)


One of the many Ramadhan Buffets that I attended

3 comments:

PHOBELINA said...

I LIKE! Selamat hari raya bebe! xoxo

RS said...

that raya picture is one COOL picture. and I know that 'weird' feeling u were talkin about. I felt it too.

-just a passerby. Got ur link off proudduck.

Alia Ishak said...

Hi RS. Kan? But it didn't turn as good as one we did last year though. It's ok, there's always next year! Hope you managed to get that night :) Selamat Hari Raya Maaf Zahir Batin!