Sunday 3 October 2010

A Perfect Read

A good book is always worth every minute and every second that you spend, I'm serious. I'll FIND and MAKE time. Of all the people, I'm the last girl to sit and enjoy a good chic lit or any of those Sophie Kinsella-ish k. I love them, don't get me wrong, but I won't make time to just read it. I'll read it when I have time. I used to take a week to finish a Sophie Kinsella when I was a student, now I take probably a lil longer. Say, a year? :P

It was easier during those student days when you can read on the way to the City, in the tube, on the bus, at the park (here, you might just end up sitting beside some dog poo at the park, under the hot scorching sun) - just as long as you don't have to sit home and study, I'm all for reading. hehe...What more, it's safer to be reading in the tube if you were to head home at close to midnight, rather than making friends with those strangers or perhaps a scary drunkard or two in the tube. Safety purposes. 

So here are some of the books that I made time for and have finished reading and I would recommend for others to read. An excellent read! :) It makes me very very thankful and happy, always. 

You Can Be The Happiest Woman In The World
 It's a light read, very convenient, a gift from the holy City of Mecca. A good reminder to always be thankful and humble, and I tell you, you'd learn the skill of how to be happy all-the-time instantly!

It's Not How Good You Are, it's How Good You Want To Be
A book filled with so many pictures, it's definitely a light reading. It moved me definitely - got me to want to always strive no matter what. Even when you are in the least favourable situation, there's always a solution to everything. Yes, a good read. trust me, after I finished this, I was more than excited to work and strive to achieve! It doesn't help that I'm already very eager to work, I finished this book after working hours, and I told my mentor "I feel like going to the office la now. There's so much we can work our butts off to contribute, for the company!" What was I thinking?!! I'm Captain Planet is it? My mentor nearly fainted. haha!
Go buy it already.

Now, I'm eager to wait for this one to come out! Did I tell you that Idris Jala said that there will be 3 versions for the rakyat! 
  1. The thick and big for those nerds who wants to know every content
  2. Not so thick and tall for those who want to know a summary
  3. Very tiny, can pack into your bag kind, for those lazy ones who want to know just the pointers


23 days till the launch!! Excited! :):) Yup, saya anak bangsa Malaysia

No comments: