Monday 18 April 2011

So happily motivated - My Secret


As I was organizing my lil wardrobe, I realized that I actually don't have that many clothes. Unlike my girlfriends, who don't really wear the same top one too many times, I, on the other hand, only have damn a lot of (free) Milo T-shirts, or Malaysia's track tops/track bottoms/ official sports wear or Selangor state sports attires. Gosh...I am so boring! and to have those lines of clothes instead, suddenly seems unacceptable for a girl!

Then I opened another section and instantly felt so happy and sad, both at the same time.




Yes, some of the million and one rhythmic gymnastic costumes that I used to wear, during my 8 years of service to the Selangor state and my one and only Malaysia. For this, I was like a real girl. We don't wear the same costume one too many times, probably for a maximum of 3 competitions and that's it. Mind you, sometimes, we might need between 6-8 different costumes for one tournament, in a year there 's probably an average of 10 competition. You do the maths!

Crazy days when the tailor made millions just because of our duty to the state and the country. For the good of sports in our country I tell you! :)

One of my favourite!

Well anyway, eversince I made the decision to leave gymnastics and pursue education instead (well, I did enjoy the times when I did not have to study nor go to school often last time! All I had to do was to train everyday, and travel around for competitions :P), I have never stopped my very-known-to-many habit.

That is - To watch videos of my idols and my ex-teammates, or even us ( me and my team) perform and get enough motivation and bring me the greatest happiness. Yes, every single routine and competition were recorded. Secretly, sometimes, I tend to start dancing too! (whoopsie). And this will be the time when you can witness me being swept away on cloud 9, a bit lost in my own world and being overly inspired! Sometimes, I zone out in my own Disneyland. My closest will often take this opportunity to tell me whatever unpleasant news they might have, coz I'll just be too happy to even realize. Shura and Phoebe are the two who were truly converted, from thinking I'm a psycho in KTJ (always with my iPod) to knowing me the best now. Definitely motivation at its peak! :):)


Many times, people have asked me if I'd ever put my daughter through what I've been through. 8 years or torture training, travelling and competing. I'd say NEVER. But come to think of it, I've had nothing but the best of BOTH worlds. 8 years of sports (without much studying) and Alhamdulillah, I made it through Uni and got myself to become and Investment Banker now. A pretty awesome deal I'd say! But only because I have a discipline and supportive, not to mention strict set of parents. I am so very blessed indeed.

I never did let go of my love for performing arts. Right now, as I continue to watch Caroline Zhang and Sasha Cohen and Irina Tchachina perform, I only wish, if I have a daughter next time, my daughter will one day become like them :) 




My idol - Irina Tchachina



Caroline Zhang - So young and talented


Ok, I should start saving up now! Ice skating and rhythmic gymnastics are such expensive sports, I'd be paying through my nose if I don't start saving now :P I miss my 8 years.

Secretly, I never ever ever ever EVER fail to watch all the videos, particularly before I have a big exam, or presentation or what have you. All because, I get so very happily motivated after
- that everything and anything just seem possible afterwards :) 

10 comments:

Kim L said...

I almost forgotten that you were a gymnast! :) I like your favourite gym outfit, very pretty!

you were a natural at succeeding love. x

aisyah ajib said...

SO INSPIRING AND COLOURFUL ! keep up with this amazing energy, Alia, can't wait to see what your kids will be like someday! ^.^

kautsar abd rahman said...

The picture of "Alia dares to be different" - HOW?!! WHA-?! I don't think I could differentiate your limbs there! Wow.

Alia Ishak said...

Kim: Aww, you're too kind, thank you sweetie. and those gym days...Haha! Those times when we used to be rivals. KL vs Selangor. Or more like CBN vs Selangor :P

Syah: They'll either dress like a Disney Princess, or a Disney prince charming ;)

Syat: I don't think I can too, now that I've stopped! I now think I was crazy too last time :S But if you were a gymnast, you'd be doing that too babes! :)

kautsar abd rahman said...

Hahaha, if I were a gymnast, my new year resolution wouldn't be 'learn how to do a cartwheel'. I am giving myself one year for that. Right now it's at step 'point your foot forward, stretch your arms and make sure it's strong enough to support your body weight'. Baby steps ;)

SS. said...

so inspiring Alia! and so proud of you! stay awesome =)

Alia Ishak said...

I hope I did spill some motivation effect over darling! :)

A M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alia Ishak said...

OMG, yes I did! :) At the MSN hall at Seksyen 6 where the selangor team still trains at till today if I am not mistaken :)

A M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.