Wednesday 9 March 2011

So he tells me about them Aliens

Think about it.

Aliens! Green, weird shaped, one-big-one-small eyed creature walking around disturbing our peace, or perhaps coming to make friends with us. Then comes the thought of aliens swooping down, stealing you from your home and taking you to a place that was never known to any being on the planet. Terrifying! Perhaps if you could invest a few dollars to insure both your family and your peace of mind, sounds like a good deal, no? Ok la, I haven’t mastered the skill of a good sales person (yet) :P

So, Aiman has been influencing me a lot about Aliens and their existence lately, so much so that when the word Alien strikes, I’d start clicking and exploring – performing researches on it. It’s insane. Since when did I ever become interested in all these?!

Today, it just got even better when I found out about the “Alien Abduction Insurance” that is clearly available in this world! Appalling! See, you learn something new every single day! :P I’m lucky to be working in a bank. 


I'm imagining our meeting with the clients will look something like this... With the red hat is Saiful! HAHA! Sorry Saiful, you're just nice to annoy =D


Well, St. Lawrence Agency happens to be the very first company to offer UFO abduction insurance! When I first found out about this, I was laughing my head off for a good…20 minutes?  I started imagining the craziest things - I ended up staying in for lunch to do a research on it. That was when my colleagues took me seriously and started being so interested as well!

It started out when the owner, Mike St. Lawrence learned about the threat of alien abductions that he got the idea about this - he read the Whitley Streiber's true-life novel Communion in 1987. This is what you call “Nothing is impossible”. Genius don’t you think?! I’m still so amazed! Prominent policyholders even include actress Shirley MacLaine and a Harvard (!!) professor who has written extensively on aliens. Apparently, demand is still high. Haha!

So what did he do next? He added UFO abduction insurance policies to his existing agency and they freaking-pay $20 million if the policy holder has an alien child or is eaten by aliens (hahaha!! I can laugh all day reading this sentence). Look for Lloyd’s of London, it's one of the famous insurance giant that insured celebrities like the Finger of Rolling Stone guitarist!

I was speaking to Kak Aliaa over lunch, and I thought if it was in Malaysia, the only picture I had in my head was a spaceship that lands in an open sawah padi somewhere (or in their case, some CEO’s heli-pad probably) and picking up Aiman and Abang Imran! HAHA!

Or perhaps, I can relate this idea to my boss and we can start working on a takaful contract for it?! Wow…I’m so filled with ideas, I’m starting to believe in Aliens a little more now! Maybe, to make it more acceptable in Malaysia we could do up our own legal documentation and tweak the definition of Alien in there. Product bundling with other banking facility sounds awesome too!

…but I guess the very first (baby) step would be to scare create the Alien awareness amongst Malaysians. Don’t think it’s that difficult. We just need to hire Aiman and Abang Imran and the idea will be selling like hotcakes in no time! Haah! The crazy ideas we have sometimes…

No comments: