Wednesday 20 April 2011

DREAMGIRLS goes LIVE!

"Eh! How's your rehearsals for Lat (the kampung boy) coming up?"
"Excellent! We're planning to bring it back to Ipoh soon"
"Really?! Awesome! Like me, I really had a good time la when we did the second Cuci cuci the Musical the other day, you guys sure will la for Lat"

"OMG, you were really good during Terima Kasih Cinta the musical. I managed to catch it the other day"
"Hey! I watched it too, and I loved the lil girl, she's so talented"
"Were you in it too Alia?"
"Errr....I said I went to watch la! Not perform.... :S"
"Ahhh. What was your first performance? Mine was Puteri Gunung Ledang"
-____-
"I can still back out now, right?.... I. AM. A.... Banker. The only time I sing is when I'm counting those money"

Everyone stared at me blankly.... That's really a sign for me to leave, no?
Of course NOT! It's an opportunity I should grab! :)



THE MOST AMAZING Press Conference I've been invited to! EVER! 

With Indi, Cheryl, Dina, Dafi, Marvin and Joy

Mind blowing!

Like you guys don't already know it? DREAMGIRLS will be staged this July, 

Some of our greatest Malaysian talents, who are also performing for DREAMGIRLS this July!

The sneak preview at the Press Conference - Joy, Ruzana Ibrahim, Elvira Arul, Tony Eusoff, Dafi, Cheryl Samad

Our Anchor and also DREAMGIRLS' music Director - Casey

Our other anchor, Marvin with Cheryl Samad. Guess their roles?

Dominic as our Assistant Music Director, and also my part time waffle buddy during music class :)

Stay tuned to find out which roles Tony Eusoff and I are playing! :)

...and Stephen Rahman Hughes?

This week was the start of it all. All of us cast have started on our full day rehearsals! ... and of course I nearly died from exhaustion!! Training for Broadway IS NOT EASY ok. And then, what with juggling Broadway, Work and YCM. But one thing's for sure, I had one of the most amazing Broadway training today with Joanna Bessey (Dreamgirls' Director), Megat Sharizat (Assistant Director) and the best part was during choreography session with Michael Xavier Voon (Choreographer). Did I tell you that my team is super amazing! They're a bunch of great happiness!

Mind you, this would be my first production, and I am super excited! Why, who (in my shoes) wouldn't be? I'm the only Banker. Get the picture? The rest of my team are none other than our very own Malaysian artists, singers, performers, actors and actresses! Pressure much? I nearly fainted, I swear to God. What have I gotten myself into? I'm OMG-no-where close to them! LOL.

Do you get it now, why I am so very very happy and privileged to be in this production? It's like a once-in-a-lifetime-dream-come-true to perform with talents that Malaysia has produced and Malaysians are proud of! :):):)

So, what are you waiting for?! Get your tickets here at 

P/s : Stay tuned for sneak previews of our rehearsals and what happens back stage. Free tickets you asked? Hmmm...

7 comments:

Fiqss Afiqah said...

aliaaaaaaa! anymore free tickets dis time?:D this looks like its gonna be AMAZINGGG!!

Fiqss Afiqah said...

aliaaa!! any free tix dis time around?;p OMGG its super cool that ure actually in d play!!! *salutes* ;)

jst wondering, any student price x?

MXV said...

Awww... such sweetness! Alia, u r a beautiful person. Because of what u gave in your flocking group, u got back in return many-fold! Shine on!

God bless!

Alia Ishak said...

Fiqss: Aww,but right now, amongst all the Msian talents, I'm just praying that I don't fall off the stage! I'll let you know on the student package ok sweetie? :)

MXV: Oh dear me, you're too kind Michael, thank you very much! :) And thank you for being so patient with us in class today! Coming from you yourself, it means a lot to me. I will only try my best and work hard (not having a musical background) amongst the rest of our experts today and to improve under your supervision, definitely. Loved today's session! Hi Dreamgirl, Yes Dreamgirl, Tell Dreamgirl :)

Suhana Sidik said...

My first comment in your blog (well i do come and read at times k) to say how very proud i am with you!!! Amazing stuff...

I will keep on dreaming ... of doing something spectacular as this. haha... the only time i sing is... in my sleep?

Good luck adik! We'll be cheering :D

Kim L said...

I wanna go watch you perfom la!! :(

Alia Ishak said...

Su: Thank you sweetie! :) You and abang are so coming in July! So, start browsing for that ticket back from Johor now ok?

Kimmy: You'd come and watch even if it means that I'd roll off the stage whilst performing? Or perhaps one of my typical walking into objects like at work? :D Wished you were home love!