Tuesday 3 May 2011

Busy bee on labour day

I know everyone took the opportunity to wake up late today right? But...

I woke up with butterflies in my stomach this morning, I swear I could have vomited air, if that was even possible!! It was one of those rare days when I get up excited but nervous about something at the same time. And clearly today was because it was our first full-day 9 hours of rehearsals for Dreamgirls with all the cast. It was very sweet I thought :)

In show business, everyone gets along so well with every(other)one and team dynamic is always at its best! No matter how tough rehearsals can get ( and I mean it can get very tough, I get so nervous before the session everytime), I never fail to come out with a smile as big as a kid who just got the biggest cotton candy on planet earth!!! :):):):) The happiness would stay so long that it gives me this random energy to want to perform better, in anything really. Be it work, Broadway, you name it. That energy just seems so powerful! :):) Well, I don't think my explanation would ever make any sense until you experience it yourself though.

It feels like home everytime I step into the studio and I'm surrounded by my Broadway loves! I foresee myself facing the greatest difficulty when Dreamgirls ends in July. Definitely not looking forward to it. I want to pack every little dreamgirls' cast into my pocket! Gosh....so emo. The whole thing hasn't even started fully yet! (Get hold of yourself Alia!)

Well anyway, we're now planning to catch our very own Assistant Director for Dreamgirls, Megat in action this week! He'll be acting in God of Carnage. I heard it's good! It's currently running at PJLA. A (potentially) good show, with great company and to support our fellow teammate. What more can I ask for :) So much love, I can't wait!

Let's just say that today was a very tough session, but never short of fun times and memorable moments, I loved it. We'll definitely get there, InsyaAllah. So don't forget to get your tickets at www.airasiaredtix.com k!

As if that was not enough happiness for me, my Broadway team and I had waffles for dinner before another round of rehearsals with the Orchestra (yes, my favourite waffle buddy is a waffle Prince. You should see how Dom's face brightened up the whole studio when he smelled waffle. Too cute!) before Aiman and I decided on ice cream for supper! :) I am just so thankful that my busy Monday turned out to be a very happy one!


 Have a good week ahead everyone! :)

3 comments:

RS said...

I love your burning positivity and how you manage to do something you love despite such long working hours.

You INSPIRE ME!

Alia Ishak said...

and you're the sweetest darling! :) Glad I managed to pass on some inspiration. I guess anything is possible at the end of the day, but what you cannot control afterwards is the tiredness. I look like a zombie everyday unlike all the other pretty girls out there! Give and take :) Good luck with revision!

Aneesa said...

Amazingly Amazed.

Moral of the story: Find something that you love to do and u'll never have to work in ur lifetime.

Well something to that effect la...

You should be tag as the most inspirational person ever. You inspire people ;)