Friday 6 May 2011

Sacrifice

You are the creator of your own happiness and you are indeed in control of it.

This whole week has been nothing but a challenging test for me. Reason being because I did not manage to follow the schedule given to me, but I still managed to do all that I love. As you may already know, the rehearsals from DREAMGIRLS have started, full force! 8 hours of just singing and dancing everyday since 1st of May....and this will go on all the way till the show in July.

Right now, I'm the only one with a full time job. So technically, whilst everyone gets the best training in the studio every morning and every afternoon, everyday, I'll be happily working hard in the Bank. Truth be told, I pity my colleagues at work! They've only either gotten a shock when I suddenly start singing or dancing to the Dreamgirls tunes... or they're the best audience I have every single day! Everyone at work knows about my involvement in Dreamgirls and they are definitely the best supporters :) I love it how they call me the singing princess banker at work. Oh the love! I leave office everyday feeling very thankful for having the most understanding team at work really. You know you have the best people around you when you can just be yourself and they understand you inside out! Today, my boss reminded me that it is good to chase your dreams coz you'll never know it until you've given it a shot, "so go do your Dreamgirls!". My boss even bought the most expensive tickets to watch me perform! I nearly jumped up for joy to give him the biggest hug but....yeah


*maintain professionalism at work Alia*

Really, I think it only helps me with my productivity at work everyday, because I know that I have something to look forward to after work and that is to rush to the studio and learn all the parts that I have missed during the day that when I'm at work, I get so pumped up to complete my tasks. Not to mention that some good deals came in this week too! I am so in love with my job :)

Everyday, my Dreamgirls teammates would call me, before rehearsals in the morning, during lunchtime and after they're done to update me on what they did, at the same time encouraging me to continue singing at work and catch up at night when I go to the studio after working hours. On some days, they even stay on to wait for me to come to the studio at night and they'll go through again with me what they did earlier. My God. They do so much for me! and to think that some of them are important Malaysian artists. They're oh so humble and fun to be with, I just cannot explain how thankful I am that I got this opportunity!!

My love for work. and my love for performing arts. I really am very very thankful with how things are now eventhough I don't deny that I am half dead by the time I get home every single night. But then again, when else can i do this if not now? Opportunities like these don't fall into your lap all the time do they? I might as well exhaust myself to the max, as long as I am happy, I am good to go! Amin

6 comments:

RS said...

aaah you're so lucky. I pray to God I've SUCH passion to do the things I love when I start working.

How did you manage to star in Dream Girls? Did you have to audition?

Anonymous said...

im so happy for my kecik! keep up the good work sayang but dun forget in the end, reward yourself with a beautiful holiday :D..

lapch u!

Anonymous said...

Reading yr post make me immediately buy the ticket and watch you sing and play...not because of Dreamgirls but yr enthusiasm!! yup lets do it...

Alia Ishak said...

RS: InsyaAllah you will definitely be doing something you love :) And yup, auditions for Dreamgirls started since last year.

Sha: :):):) Thanks for all the love and support Sha!! Wished you could come home to watch it.

My Sofea: OMG! You are too kind!!! Thanks a million for your support love :)

eye*da said...

Hi Alia!~

This one inspires me to have a positive thinking in whatever I do:) And insyaAllah, will buy the ticket to watch Dreamgirls soon! Keep up the wonderful spirit in you, Alia!~

p/s: sent you an email on futsal. did you receive it?

XOXO
eyeda

Alia Ishak said...

I did! and I've replied to your email too sweetie. You made me smile so wide after reading your note too, thank you very much! 2 more days till the weekend, have fun at work ok :) And Dreamgirls tickets are up on www.airasiaredtix.com