Saturday 18 June 2011

Rush Hour

For the past one month, my Dreamgirls cast and I have been rehearsing at the new studio in Jabatan Kebudayaan dan Kesenian Negara (JKKN). Well, the day I started my break from work, was THE day that our rehearsals shifted from Broadway Academy (in Kota Damansara) to JKKN at Jalan Sultan Ismail! As good as me not leaving KL la. Pfft... The traffic! *sigh*

However, one thing I love about hating the traffic jam is taking the public transport! Yes, I just love it, really :) I find it really nice to be 'driven' around. Whilst at that, I get to catch up on my reading, The EDGE, Time, music scores, what have you? I get to catch up on some sleep as well and not to mention catching up on some good relaxing time, sitting back and listening to music. Music is like drugs to me!

I get a lot of stares and gasps when I tell people I take the monorail, LRT and the rapid KL bus to get home. It's either "OMG! It's so penuh la", "Eew, you'll be squashed like sardines and it stinks!", "Efficient ke pun?", "Seriously? I'd rather drive than get into those public transport"....Gosh. To begin with, if you've never taken it, then shut up. If I must say so myself, the rapid KL public buses are efficient! I can even estimate the exact time it'll arrive, that's how efficient it is. I was impressed the first day I took it! :)

Come to think about it, taking public transports has its own advantages really. You get driven around. You get to sit back and catch up on your readings. You get to catch up on some sleep and best part of all, you get to make new friends! Loads of them :) Best part is watching how humble my fellow cast members are. They're some top celebrities alright, but even they don't have personal drivers driving them around because even they said it's more practical to not be stuck in the jam. 

No comments: