Sunday 5 June 2011

Time to get out (Part 2) - Projek Disko Baldi

Projek Disko Baldi

If you did not know, PJ Laugh Fest has just ended and it was running for a few weeks at PJ Live Arts Theatre. I remembered weeks prior to the show, Iedil was telling me jokes that reminded me so much of our Uni days. Those times when I used to get homesick and he was the abang senior (or he prefers that I call him abang senior hensem when I was in 1st year. Pffft) that would come all the way with Pizzas and make jokes till I forget I was even homesick!


Now, he has brought it to a level higher and 'selling' his jokes! and ON STAGE. Awesome deal! He is so talented in his own way, it's always very enlightening to watch him act. So far, my family and I have never missed his shows since he started performing arts. In London, we used to perform for Malaysian Nights or even Dance Shows, and now, the fact that we are able to live that here in Malaysia, it's just an awesome feeling! We're both now working on Musical productions, Dreamgirls and Nora respectively :)


This time, we went to catch the show to support both Iedil and my Dreamgirls' Asst. Director, Megat. My God, the show was so hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing. The jokes and the acting were just so natural and again, I was feeling very proud of the crew; Iedil especially. Probably because I've grown up with him and watching him take a step further all the time just makes me feel so happy for him.


Well, we're both back to musical rehearsals now and at times, it feels so surreal that I'm even in a production! But then again, whilst I'm at this age, this is really the best time to be doing something out of the norm :) I'm loving it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulation guys! im so proud of the BOTH of u :).
i wish i cud see both :( and im jealous for both too :P

Alia Ishak said...

Takpe Sha, Iedil's a natural. Nanti he can do another one, live version jugak, when you come back for good! Which is soooon!!! :):) xx