Monday 18 June 2012

Jetlagged

After my first flight out of Vietnam yesterday, I had to rush for Vivy’s bridal shower (which was so fun! I shall blog about it soon. If not just read her blog lah), then off for Father’s day dinner before speedy supper date night. To add to that, I only fell asleep at midnight, Vietnam time. I am jetlagged!

Of course I had the most difficult time waking up today, so my colleague decided to get me red bull at work, which I have never had before. When I was younger, I used to think it was not halal, coz the packaging looks funny. And hello, the name? Red. Bull. What?! It seems though that it has this ability to make people stay awake, so I thought why not, I’m desperate. My colleague got me the normal one. One sip and oh my god….what is this drink?! Yucks! It tastes like ubat and somehow it has this dangerous vibe when I drink it. I see my colleagues happily gulping it down so fast, how do they do it???!
Well, already it tastes bad, towards the end of the day, my colleague had to tell me this:

“Don’t tell your parents you drank it k”
“What?????!!”
“It’s apparently dangerous”
“Omg omg, why? What the hell?! Why sekaramg baru tell?! Tak halal is it?! Whyyyyyy?! Is that why I feel a lil high and drunk now?”
“No lah! Diva betul! Apparently not good for our ovaries”
“Erm…ok. Since when did you become a Doctor? You came in this morning handling a loan hello. Sheeesh. Plus, not like I’m getting married tomorrow or something, so should be ok right?” (all paranoid already actually)
“Well. Preventing is better than cure, so let’s not risk our beautiful ovaries”
“Oooh, how do you know our ovaries are beautiful?”
“Hellooooo. Cause it’s us…every part and every organ is beautiful”
-_____________________-

I miss being in the KL office! Even if it means that I was physically in the KL office but my head was in Semantan office today. Too many distractions today, oh why.

No comments: