Tuesday 31 July 2012

One World One Dream

I used to dream that I could soar beyond the clouds
Just close my eyes and fly away
Blue skies inspire us to be free as a bird
And that dream connects us every day

Rang ni wo chao zhe tian kong kan ge zi fei xiang
Jiu xiang zai fen xiang di qiu
Li xiang de lu zen me zou hu xiang kuan rong
Cai neng ming bai bi ci de gan shou

That was the title of Beijing's Olympic theme song in 2008. I remembered staying up after my internship to watch the opening ceremony with all my fellow interns, and afterwards getting all motivated when the theme song came on the big screen. Eventhough it was in chinese!

You know songs, when you like it or it motivates you, you will quite automatically memorize it (sometimes not even realizing what you're singing). Soon enough I was singing it in the office and was labeled as a chinese-Olympian-wannabe in PwC.

Having said that, I was impressed with them chinese divers!!



 Without a splash - Oh so beautiful!

No comments: