Wednesday 29 August 2012

Different kinda familiarity on Day 1

I'm finally home! In London.

Everything suddenly seemed so familiar when I stepped out of the airport this morning. From the smell of the coffee to the cheerfulness of the airport staff and then the very chirpy taxi ride back to the house, the roads, the shops. Everything. The taxi driver was so impressed that I knew where the address I gave him was going to. It's as if he did not need his GPS. Well at least until he found out that I did my Undergraduate in london a few years back.

At the immigration, I was interviewed because they thought I was also an undergrad coming to London to do my first degree. Afterwards, when I went to the Bank, the officer was shocked that I am here to do my Masters and have previously worked back home. I need to do something about how-I-look before class starts next week. ASAP!

Feels rather different this time. Maybe because I'm not staying in halls, but instead in a house too comfortable for me to realize that the Firm has sent me here to bring back a scroll. We cleaned up the house like crazy today! I surely miss the warmth that you get when you enter shops in London! "Hello love! Did you just get in this morning?", "You look very young to be doing Masters", "Oh my, Imperial! Do you know that that is one of the top Universities in the world?", "Let me get your phone sorted for you sweetie. Hang on with me a minute, I will be right back in a flash".

As much as I love it here, I think I can do with the sun back home. It was scorching hot today! Mama said it's the kinda sun that will make you tan. She shouldn't! I went straight to stock up on my (all time favourite) Alpro Soya from the supermarket. So panas, I'm not joking!
All in all, everything is falling into place, InsyaAllah :) In the meantime, I shall look forward to buy them fresh soft baguettes from food halls every single day. My favourite part when I'm in London really. Choosing bread. Yums!!

No comments: