Friday 28 September 2012

Black and White Day 31

It's the final day for Finance Industry course, which also means it's our assessment day. We will be judged! Remember working Thursdays? Today was more like us having to give the presentations instead of the usual way where the Bankers from different Banks were the ones who gave presentations and taught us a thing or ten about the industry and specific employers.

The topic was given in the morning, and we were allowed approximately 2 hours and a bit to prepare a powerpoint slide and then wait for our slots to present. Personally, I thought it was quite fun, because where I work back at home, I came from the Investment Banking side, hence I was on the sell side. However, the topic that I got, to be presented was from a buy side point of view - Asset Management. I thought black and white would be the safest for first impression, and this piece from Massimo Dutti is my favourite today!
I got this during sale, and I have to say, when there is a sale, you MUST BUY something! This was only RM 90. For Massimo Dutti, I thought it is a very very good purchase :)

All in all, by the end of the day, it all went well. In particular, it sort of made my day when apart from knowing that I passed it and am done with one module, one of the comments received was "I love that you have this happy smile and energy when presenting". LOL! I don't know now whether it was a pass because presenter presented happily or because of the content? -_______-

Of course the day can only get better! After a good presentation Thursday, I had a dinner date with the bride and groom to be, Nona and Mateen. My god, we were in the restaurant for so long, people came, people left and we still had so many stories to catch up on!! We finished a whole duck, a few plates of dishes, a whole 3 plates of rice, second round of ice lemon tea....and still. We had so muchhhhh to talk about. We even had to go for a round of crepe and coffee afterwards!!
I love this girl to bits!! Can't wait to go back in December for her wedding. She has filled me up about preparations, it almost feels like I'm a part of the working committee.

No comments: