Sunday 15 September 2013

Watch and learn a new market

Middle East market was all red last I checked on Friday.

With all the updates on Syria crisis, the world is watching out very closely. Market volatility just shoots at the slightest news but yet, I always thought that this is the world's economy. Everyone runs on assumptions, rumours, 'approved' resources but at the end of the day no banker, trader, analyst, super intelligent predictor, doctor, architect, lawyer, religious scholars... can predict the future. No one. No matter how much or how best you try.

That said, I've got a whole new load to absorb this week. I never knew the detailed (possible) links between politics and price to book value, not until last week when I was taught to read into the charts and graphs on Bloomberg! Interesting!!

Gonna be my first meeting, and Mr CEO is coming along. I've got a lot to learn from the bosses and my more senior colleagues :)

No comments: