Friday 13 September 2013

I LOVE LONDON

Time to get excited because tomorrow is the start of...


The style spotlight has shifted from New York baby! So, really? You think I've been following and counting down days to LFW? Nah-uh! I'm probably the last girl to do that. I got to find out its details after reading about the 100 million pounds boost for the UK economy that the fashion week is expected to bring :D
...and then the girl inside of me got the better of the banker in me. 

So following up to the LFW, the newspapers around town have been having interesting snippets like a 'Shop London' section where it shows you what's the fashion/item out there at the moment and this was the best piece of news, Longchamp (I love it!!) will be opening its largest-ever European store on Regent Street this weekend!! Did I mention LARGEST? EVER? and it will house its entire collection of bags, clothing and everything nice under ONE ROOF for the first time! *excited giler*
Flipped through Shop London today and omg, I AM IN LOVE with this Pink Selma!!
Sooo pretty I want please!

Ok, before I start drooling over everything that I don't actually need, here's another event I am ecstatic about.


"It gives a unique opportunity to get out and under the skin of London’s amazing architecture, with over 700 buildings of all kinds opening their doors to everyone – all for free."

What is more awesome than having access to London's buildings that are usually off-limits. I'm just in love with the idea of buildings-and-lights watching, it makes me feel all warm, fuzzy and happy all at the same time! Even more so if I'm watching them from a very tall building :))) I hate history, but trust me, when its pretty architecture, I suddenly become super interested!

I have my eyes set on a few:
  1. The Gherkin - Only THE building that catches my eyes when I used to study in East London. It once won Britain's highest architecture accolade! How can you not fall in love with tall gorgeous buildings. It motivates me, somehow. I see them and I feel all motivated inside! It has even featured in Harry Potter and the glass Dome at the top has a FREAKING 360 degree view of London! I can cry now.
  2. Battersea Power Station - How can I ever say no to this?! We have our own 'Little Malaysia' coming up there it's only right to go into the power station because it's everybody's last chance to soak up its beauty before work starts on its redevelopment end of this year. We just had the launch of the Battersea project a couple of months ago, led by our very own Malaysian companies, SP Setia, Sime Darby and EPF. Was used as a coal fired power plant and the most impressive thing about it is the overgrown space of Turbine Hall.
  3. Highpoint One - One of London's highest hills
Hahhh...Just getting excited about these two events is already making me all pumped up! So can't wait!!
I love you London!

2 comments:

MyNewJourney said...

oooowww u r so lucky!

als said...

Get the darn Selma pleaseeeee. It's nice.Patutlaaaa heehehehehe