Monday 12 January 2015

Magical - #aliaaiman2015

Prior to my solemnization, I remember feeling anxious at random times. It wasn't all the time but when it hits me, I remember asking myself if I am ready for marriage. I was so certain that when Papa gave me away, I would cry buckets. 

Guess what happened? It was like a solemnzation I've never seen before - everything on schedule, things were on time as per by-the-minute itinerary and everyone was just so calm and composed that when Aiman finished doing his 'lafaz', the jurunikah went straight to the Dua and before we knew it everything was done and we were already husband and wife. It almost felt like we were executing the Annual YCM Summit. I believe Aiman and I were beaming from one ear to another instead of feeling sad. 

To be honest, it takes a while to feel like a married person. The first few days of being married felt like we were still dating (unless someone starts referring to you as a Puan Alia)! In fact on one of the days, I was at my parents house whilst he was at his.  

Being married has a very magical feeling to it. You get to really know a person better because you start living with them. Believe me, I never knew Aiman was very entertaining, he would sing and dance for me! He was probably too shy to show that side of him to me when we were dating, just in case you know.

You start appreciating the little things they do for you like making me a cup of Mocha just the way I like it - single shot with more chocolatey taste. No guys, he doesn't do 3-in-1, he bought one of those complicated coffee machines and becomes my personal handsome barista every morning! 

You wake up seeing the same person you saw when you went to bed the night before - it feels complete in some magical way. In our case that's the usual for us only on weekends since we both work in different states on weekdays :)  Constantly feeling thankful and blessed are part of the marriage package too! If I knew it was going to feel this magically-great, I definitely would've told Aiman to propose earlier :D

2 comments:

R S said...

Alhamdullilah. Was smiling throughout this whole post!

MyNewJourney said...

congrats ms Alia!!!!welcome to marriage life!