Wednesday 11 March 2015

Thank YOU!

Starting up a cafe is not as easy as just making sure we have coffee in the shop.

That's a good starting point no doubt. However, Aiman and I are cracking our heads to think of how to make this cafe different. Different from what is already out there. 

I love the idea of having a prayer room - sometimes I don't end up going for coffee because I have not yet prayed and that cafe that we want to try does not have a surau. So yes, I want a prayer room at Double A. And then Aiman the practical-one-who-thinks-about-everything (good thing I married someone like him!) asked me "but sayang, where will the source of water come from?". He usually asks because he already has an answer for it and wants to test how innovative I am. Pffft. Testing the wife.

So now, we're brainstorming ideas on what to have and what not to have at our little dream cafe. It's not easy, but it's nice to have a balance between having loads of ideas and having a person who comes up with a solution for just about everything, thank god :)

Recently, two of my good friends, Vivy and Kimmy posted up on their instagram about Double A. They've been so supportive from the first day Aiman and I had this cafe idea, giving me tips (especially) on how to take better pictures and take better pictures and take better pictures. LOL!

Responds were continuously flowing in with amazing amazing new ideas - some we've never even thought about like lone ranger. That little space of your own. I never knew there were high demands for this! And then the idea for a kid friendly corner which of course being a kid-lover, I jumped at that idea was all YES YES YES! but Aiman was asking me to justify my YES (he's like that auditor that checks every cent that comes in and goes out, my kids will never get toys so easily in the future).

Humbled by the overwhelming responds really, Alhamdulillah for such great and supportive friends and people who shared and gave great comments and ideas for our Double A. May Allah grant you guys His blessings for spreading kindness to a stranger like me and Aiman :))) We will definitely jot down every single idea and give them all some thought on whether it is doable or not at Double A.

4 comments:

Shac said...

Hi Alia,

Love love love the idea of you guys working on this cafe together. Maybe there will be something "Disney/Magical" as well in the cafe? My prayer to you is that may Allah ease your journey in this business world. All the best guys!

Your silent reader,
SHAC

ain said...

Prayer room...wow loving this cafe already!! To me, a cafe must also be able to serve great food, not just great coffee. Can't wait to become a franchisee one day..

Alia Ishak said...

I would love to have Disney princesses serving the customers, but of course I'd need to justify that idea to Aiman first and I may just fail at that, hehe. Thank you for the well wishes Shac :))

Alia Ishak said...

Good food, definitely :) We're still finalizing on the food menu to accompany the cups of coffee! :))