Thursday 7 December 2017

CIMB Now and Forever - Hardest Resignation

Tendered my resignation.

I've just tagged myself out of office for the final time. So, here you go! Below was what I actually pen down on the day I actually gave in my letter and this song still rings in my head everyday. #GottaBeStrong:

xxxxxxxxx

Tendered my resignation.

Today. Probably one of the hardest things I've had to do throughout my career journey, spent the day going in out of different Bosses' rooms to discuss, explain and get their blessings. My first job and a firm I thought I was going to be a lifer in. Most people thought so too. My batchmates had a bet that I'd be the last one standing. I've grown so so much in this Bank. I'm (damn) well taken care of here, I'm super comfortable, I am in love with the brand, I love my colleagues, I love feeling super duper excited and (damn) happy waking up in the morning just to go to work, I loved that feeling of sadness everytime Friday came (I was sad because Saturday and Sunday weren't working days), I just really love it here. I CRAZY LOVE MY JOB!

From the time I used to wear short skirts, to wearing tudung now, had coloured hair to having coloured it back to black (felt it was more formal that way), from being single to now being married for almost 3 years, from going to work just Aiman and I... to carrying a baby. No, the baby did not make it (or else she would've been one year old now!) but I felt what it was like being pregnant and travelling to close deals, all these whilst I was in CIMB (ok this one deserves a post on its own one day because it’s too special and the baby’s in heaven now waiting for Aiman and I). I'm grateful for everything. A lot has definitely happen in CIMB for me!!

It's (my second) HOME to me. My colleagues are FAMILY to me. 

For one, putting aside the great opportunity that came knocking on my door - I had the blessings of my Big Bosses in the Bank to leave and give this new opportunity a try. I'll be honest, I cried when I pulled out my (resignation) letter to pass it to the Management. It wasn't easy, but it was definitely made easier when they supported my move, they agreed it's a good opportunity and they were trying their level best to make sure I'm sure. Discussions were very serious, to make sure I really want to make this move. For that, I am forever grateful and thankful that God gave me a great great great place and an even greater set of people who was always watching out after me!

I started as a trainee in CIMB - 8 plus years on, I've had super amazing excellent bosses I truly look up to and love, have crazy whacky fun colleagues that I love coming to office to, been in 7 departments, had good times and down times, been a CIMB Scholar, flown to top universities in London for Masters, been given departments I wanted to try and explore, grew with their mentorship, guided when I needed direction and made to represent the brand in transactions and sports tournament. I'M A PROUD CIMB-ian.

Proud to be representing it and proud to be able to share when strangers come up to me to ask about CIMB. Tell me to re-live my CIMB years, and I'll gladly do it!!

One thing I've always believed in is to always always get your Bosses' blessings before you decide to move on - be it an internal transfer or external. It's a routine that is too predictable by now ie if I ask for an urgent/sudden meeting with Big Bosses, it's because an offer had come in. Never burn any bridges because you will never know when you might need their help - in my case if the new company I'm joining needs financing or corporate advice. The (people in the) Bank have helped shape me so much to become the young corporate that I am today, it's definitely my utmost priority to always get the Bosses' blessings to try out something new.

I've loved this place my entire 8 plus years, and I will forever hold it close to my heart. I'm forever thankful to my fresh graduate self for choosing this company to begin my career with - the place that made me a person who really love working! I'll forever love CIMB, a firm that will always have a special place in my heart :))))

CIMB Now and Forever, I'll keep on rooting for this Brand!

On to a new adventure now in the Tech space!! Bismillah!


xxxxxxxxx


Craziest times are always the best times like this one when we were setting up for CIMB's Annual Conference at midnight, night before the event!

3 comments:

Aina said...

I remember attended a summit where you were the representative of CIMB. After the session I felt my love towards CIMB was growing (weird but true 😂) that after I graduated I applied some CIMB programmes & i rly wanted to start my career there (tho i never received any reply haha). You're such an inspiration! ☺️

Asma Hamid said...

With how much you love CIMB, when I saw your instastory, I was extremely shocked. But we move on in life and I am excited to see what the future holds for you! I wish you all the best and I hope you’ll enjoy your new job as much as you love your (now) previous one.

Alia Hisham said...

Hi Alia! I'm an avid follower of your blog and Instagram and I wish you all the best on your next career move :) You are truly an inspiration as you've always shown a happy & positive attitude through your posts so thank you. I applied for the TCB program because of you hahah and even made it to the final stage which is to meet with Dato' Hamidah but I declined it due to personal reasons. Do you have any advice for a fresh graduate like me on embarking a career in the corporate world? I mean, how are you able to maintain the happiness (work wise) as I've always heard how stressful and busy a banker could be? It's making me anxious! haha