Saturday 12 May 2018

Pregnancy Journey - Fluid detected in the head

It's not that I was scared of the surgery....I was scared of EVERYTHING related to Medical stuff!

First advice I would give to you is choose a Doctor (or 2 Doctors in my case) that can make you feel calm and feel better at any time if you don't deal so well with medical stuff (read: That's all the time for me). How did I come from a family of Doctors again? The Medical genes never trickled down in me I guess. Beats me.

I'll take you to many weeks back: 

We were supposed to go out for breakfast at FAM but the night before I felt a little whoozy and pukey everytime I looked at food and it's also that time of the month when I get back ache and feel tired, so I decided to 'pee on the stick' and had to pee again because we weren't sure to believe it or not. Well they ALL came out with a big + sign but we couldn't call the clinic until the next morning to confirm it.

Woke up really early and the nurse told me to come in immediately for a blood test  *GULP*. Why can't you believe the Clearblue? It says on the box that it's 99% true all the time. Went in and she called me right away into the 'Phlebotomy' room and hey the needles and whatever tools were all ready alright. She probably knew I was nervous, so we started chatting about what I'm gonna do after that and what to have for breakfast and before I knew it it was over. The nurse just smiled and said "See, done already. Why you so scared?". Haihhhh those needles, so tiny but so powerful I tell you.

By lunch time they called back to confirm that I was Pregnant and I remembered Aiman and I were at ZARA and we were just soooooo happpy we didn't buy anything at ZARA. Distracted much? "Doctor will see you in 2 weeks to hear the heartbeat".

I was travelling that weekend so we decided to get a green light first from the Doctor and he casually said " Yeah sure cannn". I was given medication to help if I had cramps and was told that if any sudden bleeding just head to Emergency at Pantai Hospital or Columbia Asia and mention your Doctor's name, both Hospitals of which I've never been to. But I already felt so comfortable that the nurses were telling me step by step what to do if what happens and what number to call. Choose a good Doctor and team, always!

Fast forward to a few weeks after:

"Do you see, here's the back, the body and the........"

"I can't seem to see the head. Let's do the vaginal scan". I clearly remembered having a lump in my throat immediately thinking if it was a bad sign, Aiman on the other hand was just being all cool (either that or he did not hear the Doctor the first time haha!) because just 2 weeks before we had a clear scan and baby's heartbeat was normal.

"There's fluid in the head and the heartbeat has decreased from 2 weeks ago"

We were told to give the baby a week and see if the heartbeat increases. If it does then only we'll figure out what to do with the fluid in the head. Otherwise, there was also the possibility of a delayed miscarriage.

The Doctor was calm, but amazingly BOY WAS I CALM, I was so proud of myself! Of course after we left the Doctor's place erm....a whole tissue box didn't help either.

Ok wait, there's a delivery at the door. Catch you guys in the next post! :P


No comments: