Saturday 28 July 2012

To Empower Social Volunteerism Amongst Youth - The Olympic Dreams

I used to get so hooked to this and this. A LOT. It's almost annoying for people around me.

There is something about Malaysia-related songs (and events) that pumps up my motivation and happiness! This one I was just introduced to by my fellow YCMers, Dimishtra and Tock.

1M4U (I-am-for-you).

As simple as it is, the message is so beautiful. I've always had people asking me questions like:
"oh god, the lyrics are so cliche, don't you think it's annoying?"
"What is wrong with you?! It's just a song made up to brain wash you lah"
"Not many of the Malaysians actually feel that way trust me"

My take: If you have experienced doing something for or representing the country in something, you'd understand. When you are proud of something, you will make sure you'd see good in it. You'd know better that a flaw/failure will only be part of the process to get somewhere better and you'd know to DO YOUR PART.

Of course nothing is all fine and dandy all the way, especially where politics is involved. Every country has politics, it's how you make good out of it and run it in the best manner possible for the best interest of the nation. It's unfortunate that I would not be around to celebrate Merdeka this year, but I sure hope my whole Malaysian community in London would celebrate it! You feel very much at home when a Malaysian event happens abroad.

To the Malaysian Contingent in London, good luck for the Olympics!! To my schoolmate, training mate and fellow gymnast, Cai Lin, Brian and Wendy, you guys will do just amazing! :)

No comments: